Friday, February 16, 2007

Launchy

Have a Mac and love to use Quicksilver / Spotlight as your application launcher or document finder, but are forced to work in the windows world for food? Or if you secretly want a Mac. Then Launchy might be the application for you.

I don't know what I would do without Spotlight. Having to actually find documents / applications through all my directories is a major drag. But I've been trialling Launchy for a week now (requires some hacking to get it working in Win2k) and it looks like the Windows solution that I'm looking for.

Hit ALT + SPACE and a Quicksilver like window pops up like so:

Type in the first couple of characters of the app or document you're after and it finds it for you. It's ... unbelievable!

Increase your productivity by keeping your hands on your keyboard longer. :)

No comments: